Cow milk is an essential part of everyone’s diet for centuries. The production of cow’s milk is increasing day by day. In 2019 the UK’s milk industry generated 4.473bn pounds, which shows people’s interest in cow’s milk. But, as science is making progress and people take care of their health, most nutritionists recommend that cow milk is not suitable for their health.
So, people are gradually moving towards other plant-based milk. In plant-based milk, some nutritionist recommends that almond milk is healthier than the cow’s milk. Now the question arises here is that if this statement true or not? Let’s find out by comparing the benefits and disadvantages of almond milk and cow milk.
Cow’s milk 150 calories, 12g of carbohydrates which is also called sugar, and 8 grams of protein and fat, are highest compared to the other milk form.
When we talk about cow milk, this is one of the natural milk compared to the other dairy, and it is very rich in proteins, minerals, and Vitamins, which are essential for your body.
If we study the ancient ayurvedic books, the cow is recommended to the children due to their more relaxed effects on the human body. Cow’s milk is beneficial for your eye and brain’s performance. There are also many other health benefits like it helps to improve the immunity of your child. The ayurvedic books give it cow’s milk; the second-best milk first one is breastfeeding.
If we take one cup of cow’s milk, it has 150 calories in it, and according to the reports, one percent of cow’s milk has 110 calories which are healthy for your daily diet.
You can go with the processed fat-free milk, but the problem is that processed milk has a low amount of vitamins, minerals due to the heavy boiling at more than 150 degrees.
If you are dealing with lactose intolerance, which is a disease in some persons in which their gut cannot make the enzymes that break the sugar in milk, there are also options to buy lactose-free milk.
Cow’s milk Pros & Cons
Read More: Best Espresso Coffee Beans
Almond milk, as the name shows, is made with almonds. The almond milk has a significantly lower amount of calories than cow milk in 240mg of almonds oil containing 29 calories.
If you choose the unsweetened version of almond milk, it would have 1g of carbohydrates. Three grams of fat and 1 gram of protein also present in the almond milk.
Some brands add in the thickeners to give the almond milk thick and smoothie flavor. The taste of the unsweetened version of the almond milk is also delicious and easily drinkable, but if you love the flavors, then almond milk is also available in many flavors, and you’ll love them, but the amount of carbohydrates also increases with the taste.
Almond milk is a great way to add your smoothies or breakfast to a nutty taste. According to the research, there is a 250% increase in almond milk consumption, increasing day by day.
There is a vast difference between the almond milk of different brands; milk may have different nutritional values, which means that you have to pay some attention to its ingredients label before buying the almond milk.
Almond milk doesn’t have that amount of calcium to make your bones more robust, so some brands add an extra amount of calcium artificially for the bones’ benefits.
Almond milk has a product called carrageenan, which is not beneficial for some people, and it can cause digestive issues and other gut problems in the human body so, you should take it carefully.
Many preservatives are added to almond milk, increasing the almond milk’s shelf life, and you can use it for the most extended period. If you have some allergy to almonds, then you should also not use almond milk or use it with care.
Almond milk Pros & Cons
Read More: Costa Rican Coffee
These are the pros and cons of cow’s milk and almond milk; now, we’ll show you the difference between them.
- It has 150 calories which is the highest amount of calories from all forms of milk.
- You can get lactose-free milk if needed.
- It has 12 carbohydrates which are also called lactose.
- It is used for many centuries, and some ancient medications like ayurvedic also recommend cow’s milk.
- You don’t need to add anything to the milk.
- You can’t make this milk by yourself at home
- It has calcium which is very good for your bone’s health.
- There are no artificial flavors in it.
- Cow’s milk is cheap as compared to Almond milk.
- It is suitable for the kids, but some nutritionists title it as the second-best milk after breastfeeding for a kid.
- You can use it with your regular tea, coffee, or daily breakfast.
- There are no severe side effects of cow milk, but sometimes people may suffer through gas, bloating, and diarrhea but only in some cases.
- It is one of the most environment-friendly milk you get from cows, and then it is ready to drink just after one boil.
Read More: Breville vs Delonghi Nespresso
- It has 30 calories which are the lowest in all forms of milk.
- It is naturally lactose-free
- It has only 1g of lactose which is nothing as compared to the cow’s milk.
- Some modern researchers recommend it.
- Only water and almonds are needed for this almond milk.
- There are tons of recipes to make almond milk at home.
- It doesn’t have calcium, but some brands add in their almond milk
- The brands add different flavors to it, but you can also buy the unsweetened version
- The almonds milk is expensive
- It is not suitable for the kids due to its thickness
- You can use the unsweetened version with everything you want, but if you use any flavored version, then it will add that flavor into your smoothie or any other thing.
- It has carrageenan, which is very harmful to your digestive system.
- The almond crop consumes very much water; it consumes 15 gallons of water for just 16 almonds.
Read More: Best Coffee Machines For Home
So, we have reviewed all the things in detail about cow milk and almond milk; now you think that which one is healthier? If you are a person who is suffering from lactose intolerant disease, then you should go for almond milk because that is naturally lactose-free.
But the cow’s milk has a higher amount of proteins, vitamins, and minerals, which are very beneficial for the human body. The cow’s milk is used for centuries by our ancestors, and ancient books of medications also state the benefits of cow’s milk.
So, according to our research, cow’s milk is healthier than almond milk. But if you are a lactose-intolerant person, then almond milk is best for you.