The ultimate test is the test of time, and the Moka pot has definitely passed. Invented in 1933, the Moka pot is named after the Yemeni city of Mocha, but was developed by an Italian inventor, Alfonso Bialetti.
For decades, mocha pots have been helping homebrewers around the world quickly create robust and aromatic coffee. They build one or two pushrods, which is not enough for an authentic espresso, but produces great coffee, concentrated and delicious.
The Moka pot, popularly known as a stovetop espresso maker, can brew a very bold cup when used correctly, which is why they have largely proven themselves. They are a little more sophisticated than modern brewers, but their distinctive extraction offers a stronger flavor, it’s hard to replicate.
Modern coffee machines are easy to use, but are very expensive and therefore a luxury item. However, Moka pots are affordable, which explains why they are considered a staple product in every family.
They are compact and portable – these features offer an advantage over high-duty coffee machines as they cannot be easily moved and transported.
You can choose the best Moka pot based on various characteristics. The first thing to choose is the right type, be it stove or electric. You also need the size and weight that will suit your needs, especially if you are planning to use it outdoors. The materials used are also crucial as they can determine the durability and longevity of the product.
This article will provide you with all the information you need during the purchase process. So start reading right away to find the ideal coffee maker for your needs.
Table of Contents
Our Top Picks
|Bialetti Venus Induction Espresso Maker 6 Cup||
||Buy On Amazon|
|Cuisinox Roma 6-cup Stainless Steel Stovetop Moka Espresso Maker||
||Buy On Amazon|
|Bialetti Moka Express StoveTop Coffee maker, 3-Cup, Aluminum Silver||
||Buy On Amazon|
|Tops Rapid Brew Stovetop Camping Coffee Percolator||
||Buy On Amazon|
|DELONGHI EMK6 for Authentic Italian Espresso, 6 Cups||
||Buy On Amazon|
|COLETTI Bozeman Coffee Pot – Coffee Percolator||
||Buy On Amazon|
1. Bialetti Venus Induction Espresso Maker 6 Cup
Designed by Guido Bergna (the famous designer of house appliances), the first Venus Moka Pot seduces with its soft and elegant lines. Compatible with induction hobs and all other heat sources, it means everyone can enjoy a good Italian coffee! Over the years, the Venus has become as iconic as the original Moka Express.
Both classy and functional, the New Venus has an anti-drip spout so you can pour your coffee without making a mess. With this new design, the water boiler’s base is 20% thicker making it safer and sturdier. The newly designed handle, the New Moka Venus is ergonomic and elegant. The anti-scale handle ensures security and optimal grip which lacked with the first Venus model.
The parts are easy to assemble, and you will have to remove them for thorough cleaning. That takes some time since you can’t wash the components in the dishwasher. Fortunately, deep cleaning is only required occasionally, which makes maintenance easier.
- Manufacturer: It is manufactured by the original makers of the Moka Pot.
- Steel Body: The Bialetti Elegance Venus features a beautiful steel body made from 18/10 stainless steel, which, on top of adding aesthetic appeal, is safe and great at conducting heat.
- Handle: The insulated handle comes in handy when the brewer is piping hot and is detachable, so you can take it with you on an extended trip.
- Heating System: The insulated handle comes in handy when the brewer is piping hot and is detachable, so you can take it with you on an extended trip.
- Servings: It comes in 4 and 6 cup sizes, which is enough to serve four “cups,” a measuring system used very loosely. In this case, “cups” means servings, and Moka Pot servings are about 2 ounces apiece.
- Easy To Clean: This Moka pot has been given the most eco-friendly structure and therefore it produces zero waste and is super easy to clean.
- Comfortable Support: The curved handle attached to it acts as comfortable support to lift this pot.
2. Cuisinox Roma 6-cup Stainless Steel Stovetop Moka Espresso Maker
Are you a passionate coffee drinker? If so, then it makes sense to splash your cash on the most durable and long-lasting stovetop espresso maker out there. Cuisinox has the right unit for you!
The process of using the unit is straightforward, and it allows you to brew your coffee classically. You should consider the suitability of this Moka pot for a gas stove, which increases its versatility. The manufacturer used a thick 18/10 stainless steel to make the pot. That guarantees excellent reliability, and that is confirmed with a generous defect warranty.
You will notice the induction base, and there is a patented safety valve to prevent any mishaps. Users can choose among three different sizes. Moreover, the reducer can help to control how much coffee you want to make. The package includes an additional gasket and reducer.
- Design: The design is elegant and sleek, and it will fit any kitchen décor effortlessly.
- Long Term Investment: Although the price is a bit higher compared to other units, this stovetop espresso maker will be a long-term investment.
- 4,6, 10 – cups version: It is available in 4, 6, or 10 – cup versions, the Cuisinox Roma Stainless Steel Stovetop Espresso Maker is great for entertaining.
- Stainless Steel: It features a classy design and is made from 18/10 food-grade stainless steel.
- Induction Base: Working well on both a stove and an electric burner, the Cuisinox has an induction base to go along with its mirror shine.
- Gasket and Reducer: Each version does come with an extra gasket and reducer, though, which is always a nice touch.
- Hand Washing: Make from heavy stainless steel, the manufacturer recommends hand washing, but it can occasionally be put in the dishwasher.
3. Bialetti Moka Express StoveTop Coffee maker, 3-Cup, Aluminum Silver
Bialetti is the number one player in the stovetop espresso maker market, which is not a surprise once you see the thousands of happy customer reviews on their Moka pots. The octagonal shape of the coffee maker allows the heat to distribute perfectly while your coffee brews, resulting in a strong Moka pot coffee in under 5 minutes.
Bialetti is a reputable brand from Italy, and this Moka pot was designed there, too. It can make strong and flavor-filled coffee, but if you want to make the most out of it, make sure to combine it with the Moka coffee made by the same manufacturer.
Once you’re done, clean-up is easy thanks to the compartment design; just unscrew it, wash it, and get on with your day. The Italian-made ‘Moka express’ range is so popular that they made it available in 1, 3, 6, and 9 cup options – so choose the right size for your preference and you’ll start your day with the perfect amount of coffee.
- Aluminum: It is made of polished, high-quality aluminum, the Moka Express is one of the pretty Moka pots you can find in the market.
- Octagonal Shape: Bialetti’s stovetop coffee makers are known for their octagonal shape. Not only does it make it alluring to look at, but it also helps in evenly distributing the heat.
- 5 minutes: As such, Bialetti’s Moka Express can brew coffee in just under 5 minutes.
- Varieties: This product comes in various capacities and colors. There are gold, silver, red, and black variants and for the cup sizes, you can choose from one, three, four, six, and twelve.
- Easy To Clean: Moreover, the Moka Express is also easy to clean as you can disassemble the parts easily. All of its parts are dishwasher safe.
- Well Insulated Handle: The Original Bialetti comes with a well-insulated handle for carrying when hot, and the design is also quite classy thanks to the polished aluminum body.
4. Tops Rapid Brew Stovetop Camping Coffee Percolator
You can choose among three sizes, but if you need to brew a lot of coffee at once, the 12-cup capacity won’t disappoint you. The Rapid Brew was created as an intriguing model that features stainless-steel construction.
This stovetop espresso maker has a beautiful design with a wooden handle and a glass cover knob. These are not only elegant touches that boost the design, but also they remain cool, and the knob allows you to control the percolation process. It is suitable for all types of stoves.
Thanks to its durability, you can take this unit with you when you head camping. You will receive an instruction insert, and the product is easy to use and capable of making your coffee in minutes.
The hinged lid fits snuggly, but it makes cleaning a bit trickier. Still, it will be worth it because the quality and flavor of coffee you will receive are impressive. The filter does a good job when it comes to extracting coffee, and you can wash it in a dishwasher machine.
- Sizes: Don’t let the small compact design of the Rapid Brew Stovetop Coffee Percolator fool you. This Moka pot comes in three different (large) sizes: 6, 9, and 12 cups.
- Stainless Steel Body: It has a heavy gauge 18/8 stainless steel body not only makes it durable but also gives it an appealing look.
- Handle: The Permawood handle helps keep the handle cool while the glass cover knob adds a unique aspect to this Moka Pot.
- Permanent Cup Markings: Its compact nature, coupled with its permanent cup markings, make the Rapid Brew an excellent coffee maker for camping.
- Basket and Stem Assembly: The basket and stem assembly are made out of high-quality solid metal. This makes it perfect for outdoor use, on a gas burner, or on fire.
5. DELONGHI EMK6 for Authentic Italian Espresso, 6 Cups
If you like to enjoy an authentic cup of espresso without leaving the comfort of your kitchen, consider what the De Longhi EMK6 Alicia Electric Moka Espresso Coffee Maker can do for you.
DeLonghi is a reputable brand that tries to make their appliances stand out, which is what they did in this case, too. Even though old-fashioned coffee making is not rocket science, the company tried to add some useful features to this product. For example, this Moka pot can keep your coffee warm for up to 30 minutes.
This DeLonghi espresso machine features an automatic shut-off feature, which is convenient to prevent overflow or burning when you forget you turned on the machine. Safety is at the highest level thanks to the safety valve that regulates the pressure.
- Size: You can only choose a single size, which makes this a maximum 6-cup moka pot, although you can reduce capacity to three cups.
- Easy To Clean: it is easy to clean, and it delivers delicious coffee.
- Durable: Aluminum was the material of choice during the manufacturing process, and the product seems quite durable.
- Electrically Powered: Nevertheless, it is a bit heavy when compared to other machines on our list. It is because this Moka pot is electricity-powered.
- Keep Warm Feature: The keep-warm feature ensures that your caffeinated concoctions remain heated for 30 minutes after brewing-a plus if, like most of us, you don’t drink the whole pot at once and don’t like the taste of coffee that’s been warmed in the microwave. (The coffeepot also shuts off automatically when you remove it from the base).
- Swivel Base: It has a detachable swivel base and it’s cordless, which makes it especially convenient for serving.
- Cool Touch: The base is cool-touch, so you can use the coffeepot wherever you have access to an outlet to plug it in. Other helpful features include a cool-touch handle and indicator light.
6. COLETTI Bozeman Coffee Pot – Coffee Percolator
Coletti is a veteran-owned brand, which is why they know a lot about making coffee the old-fashioned way. They applied all their knowledge when designing this Bozeman Percolator.
It is a popular stovetop Moka pot model for outdoor use, and many coffee brewers adore it. It is exceptionally durable because the manufacturer didn’t use any plastic or aluminum. Instead, it went with stainless steel for optimal longevity.
That makes the unit suitable for any outdoor conditions. The designers added a rosewood handle that always remains cool and enables you to pour your coffee effortlessly. Unfortunately, some users noticed that the lid didn’t snap on, which is why you need a bit of extra care while pouring.
- Light Weight: The product weighs less than 1.5 pounds, which makes it easy to transport. Once you return home, you can wash it in a dishwasher, and it will be ready for the next camping trip.
- Taste: The taste of coffee made in this stainless steel Moka pot is amazing.
- Filters: The manufacturer even included filters that make coffee with less oil and, therefore, less cholesterol, and without any coffee, the ground falling through. The filters are optional to use, but you will get 20 of them in the pack with the product.
- Design: The Bozeman’s 18/8 stainless construction means it’s nigh-indestructible. Such design makes it not only super-durable but also an excellent solution for campers and outdoor cooks.
- Wooden Handle: The attractive wooden handle protects your hand when it’s time to pour your freshly perked coffee.
- Glass Button: There’s a glass button at the top so you can see your coffee bubbling up from the bottom as it drips through the grinds.
To Sum Up
It wasn’t easy to pick the best one from the lot, but if I had to go with just one stovetop espresso maker, I would bet on the Bialetti Moka Express.
The founder of this company invented Moka pots, and almost a century later, they still make amazing products. The unit is extremely versatile, and it comes in five different sizes. It features a traditional octagon design, and it is easy to use since it only takes five minutes to deliver coffee with an impressive taste.
Ultimately, it is all about your personal preference. Make sure to choose the best Moka pot that fits all your needs, and you will enjoy fantastic coffee flavors!